- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups peeled and cubed Red Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons melted Butter
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon White Sugar
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup diced Ham
1. Add water and cubed potatoes to stockpot.
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Reduce heat to medium and boil potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes.
4. Remove potatoes with slotted spoon to bowl.
5. Drain stockpot, reserving 1-cup potato water.
6. Stir in butter, chopped onion, and all-purpose flour.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Stir in potatoes, reserved liquid, whole milk, white sugar, cheddar cheese, and diced ham.
9. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Enjoy !